What are Flax Seeds famous for?
When it comes to nutritional goodness, flax seeds are full of it. Though tiny, they are rich in the omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fiber, all of which have been shown to have many potential health benefits They can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer and may benefit people with diabetes. As a versatile food ingredient, flax seeds or flaxseed oil are easy to add to your diet.
With many proven health benefits and possibly more, there’s no better time than now to grab some flax seeds from Mystic Range.
Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
- Flax seeds are a rich source of the omega-3 fatty acid ALA. Plant-based ALA fatty acids are proven to have heart health benefits and are linked to a lower risk of stroke.
- Flax seeds contain a group of nutrients called lignans, which have powerful antioxidant and estrogen properties. They may help in preventing breast and prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer.
- With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
- The high fiber content of flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and may play an important role in improving heart health.
- Flax seeds have been proven to lower blood pressure and are especially helpful for those with high blood pressure.
- Flax seeds are a good source of plant-based protein and can be an alternative protein source for people who do not eat meat.
- Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fiber content. They can be a beneficial addition to the diet of people with diabetes.
- Flax seeds keep you full for longer and may help you manage your weight by controlling your appetite.
Flax Seed recipes?
From Puddings to Smoothies to Raita to Laddo to Chikki the recipes are many.